QUEENSLAND ALL-SCHOOLS TRACK CHAMPIONSHIPS, QSAC, Oct.16/17--30/31 2021
- * We won 11 Golds, 2 Silvers & 3 Bronzes in MLD (Middle/Long Distance) races to reclaim #1. GOLD
- ISABELLA HARTE U/17yr 3000m 9.19 PB/WJQ
- Greatest run by a 16 year old in Qld School Championship history, given the QSS record by future international Katrina Robinson is 9.27. World Junior Qualifier!!
- ISABELLA HARTE U/17yr 1500m 4.36 NQ
- HARVEY CRAMB U/18yr 2km Steeple 6.03 PB/NQ * Compares favourably with the QSS record (5.59) of Ky Robinson.
- JOSEPH SAUNDERS U/17yr 2km Steeple 6.03 PB/NQ * But for SARS-2, Joe would be the new QSS record-holder (stands at 6.07).
- AMY PARTRIGE U/18yr 3000m 10.16 NQ * Three golds-in-a-row for this model of consistency. Km splits of 3.20/3.26/3.30.
- SELWYN RUSSELL U/15yr 2km Steeple 7.45 NQ * Her maiden State title was memorable, dodging kookaburras and crash-landing deep into WJ #3. Arose and then ran ’em down! Unbelievably tough.
- CAIDEN MACFARLANE U/14yr 1500m 4.20 NQ * A tactical masterpiece by Aust’s #2, delivering a 3-lap negative split for the ages!
- ELKE RAYWARD U/12yr 800m 2.26 PB * Went for the NQ with a 1.10 opener only to miss by a micro-second. Impressive.
- ELKE RAYWARD U/12yr 1500m 5.02 * Gave her rivals no chance & qualified for Nationals under the “Top 3” rule.
- ELSA CHAN U/20yr 3km Steeple 11.57 WJTQ * Took a dip at WJ #5 but held her composure to clinch her first State title.
- ROB STRINGER U/20yr Open 800m 1.56 * A thriller with Rob converting a 61sec opener into an irrepressible 55sec close. Other State Champions:-
- ADDISON HOUSLIP Qld Junior All-Schools Triathlon
- * One of only four 12 year olds in 24 years to win this highly-contested title. AND after a 3-month injury layoff!
- ELKE RAYWARD Qld Primary All-Schools Aquathon * Kept our string of winners alive in what is THE PREDOMINANT talent ID event in Qld.
- LYLA WILLIAMS NSW Open Schools 3km Walk 13.54 PB/NQ * Won in a sprint finish to demonstrate her technical soundness as well as her fitness. SILVER
- OSCAR RAYNER U/17yr 2km Steeple 6.23 NQ *Part of an historic squad trifecta, Oscar was primed after his GPS 3.57 (NQ/PB).
- JOSEPH SAUNDERS U/17yr 3000m 8.41 NQ/PB * The 2.42 final km (67sec last lap) left Joe just 2secs off Gold. BRONZE
- VINNIE BUHAGIAR U/17yr 2km Steeple 6.23 NQ/PB * Clinched a trifecta unmatched by any other squad! History!!
- ELSA CHAN U/20yr 3000m 10.52 PB * Km splits of 3.24/3.42/3.47 secured a podium for our first-year runner.
- SHANTEAL HANSEN U/20yr 3km Steeple * Steepled nicely early, then hung on to win yet another State medal. Other Bronze medals:-
- JOSEPH SAUNDERS U/20yr 5000m 14.50 PB/WJTQ * A sensational debut over the distance and first ever to break 15 in the Div.2 race.
- ASHLEY PLANE Qld All-Schools Junior Triathlon
- * Consistent top-6 times across the swim/bike/run legs secured a podium for Asley.
- BRIDGE TO BRISBANE road race Nov.7
- #1 Junior (U/20yr 4.5km) JAXON PATERSON-WRIGHT 14.04 PB
- #1 Junior (14-18yr 10km) JACKSON CRANITCH 32.08 PB
- #2 Junior (14-18yr 4.5k) HARVEY CRAMB 14.07 PB
- UQ 1500m CLASSIC St Lucia Oct.20
- 1st ISABELLA HARTE Women’s Classic (8sec PB!) 4.23 PB/CGTQ
- 2nd ELKE RAYWARD 12yrs/Under (Aged 10!) 4.56 PB/NQ
- 2nd JACKSON CRANITCH Men’s Open Div.1 4.02
- 2nd ELLA COSGRAVE 12yrs/Under Div.2 5.20 PB
- 2nd ELLA BROWN Sec.Schhols Div.3 4.55
- 3rd HARVEY CRAMB Sec.Schools Div.1 3.58 PB
OTHER NATIONAL QUALIFIERS:-
- JACKSON CRANITCH U/20yr 5000m 15.07
- JAXON PATERSON-WRIGHT U/23yr 1500m (3.55)/5000m (15.06)
- ROBERT STRINGER U/20yr 800m (1.54)/1500m (3.55)
- JOSEPH SAUNDERS U/18yr 1500m (4.02)/3000m (8.39)
- ELLA BROWN U/17yr 3000m 10.35
- OSCAR RAYNER U/18yr 1500m 3.58
- SELWYN RUSSELL U/16yr 2km Steeple 7.30
- CAIDEN MACFARLANE U/15yr 800m 2.05
- JEMMA WILSON U/16yr 2km Steeple 7.51
- HOLLY-MAREE MATTHEW U/15yr 3000m 10.54
- SUMMER PHILLIPS U/14yr 400m 62.9secs
July 31 QLD JUNIOR CROSS-COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, Toogoolawah Golf Course
One long hill every 2km lap. Unseasonably warm. Races brought forward to beat Lockdown.
GOLD ELKE RAYWARD 11yrs 3km 11.09
- The star SLS nipper replicated her 2019 victory at Maleny with a dominant display, setting
up a lead by 1km, then powering away to a 22sec. win. Earned State Team representation.
GOLD ISABELLA HARTE 16yrs 4km 14.04
- After a cautious opening lap, Izzy hammered the final 2km to record the fastest time of the
day and a 14sec victory. That gave her the State Cross trifecta and 4-in-a-row QJX wins.
SILVER JAXON PATERSON-WRIGHT 18/19yr 8km 26.41
- The 2016 QSSX champ returned to his best running near the front throughout the 4-lap test.
SILVER AMY PARTRIGE 17yrs 4km 15.01
- Cleared out from her rivals on the second uphill to clinch yet another State medal.
SILVER ZARAH FARRINGTON 12yrs 3km 11.17
- The Qld Primary School Aquathon champion ran her own race throughout to secure her
breakout State medal and her first Qld Team selection for National Cross-Country.
BRONZE GIA ANTONIO 8yrs 1km 4.06
- Last year’s winner recorded the same time as the silver medallist in a thrilling finish.
OUR NATIONAL QUALFIERS (QA Merit plus QSS/PS prognostication):-
10 Years old Bianca Antonio
11 Years old Elke Rayward, Ella Cosgrave, Kelsey Rolff
12 Years old Addison Houslip, Zarah Farrington
13 Years old Holly-Maree Matthew, Bianca Rayward, Caiden MacFarlane
15 Years old Emma McDonald, Ruby Hughes
16 Years old Isabella Harte, Joseph Saunders, Vincent Buhagiar
17 Years old Amy Partrige
18/19 Years old Jaxon Paterson-Wright, Jack Partrige, Gabby Hill, Elsa Chan, Clayton Moore &
July 18 QSS/PS SCHOOLS CROSS-COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIP, Limestone Park
The traditional Met West course was used. Conditions fine.
GOLD ADDISON HOUSLIP 12yrs 3km 10.33
- The race-of-the-day saw Addie break through for her maiden State running title. Several lead changes and a hard pace had the co-leaders out on their feet coming
into the final straight with Addie grinding out a famous victory.
GOLD ISABELLA HARTE 16yrs 4km 13.19
- Izzy led throughout for a Championship “5-peat” & fastest time of the day.
BRONZE AMY PARTRIGE 17yrs 4km 14.20
- A hard surge on the second uphill kilometre proved the key to Amy’s 4th QSS medal.
May QUEENSLAND ALL-SCHOOLS CROSS-COUNTRY, Limestone Park
GOLD ISABELLA HARTE 16yrs 4km 14.10 * 5 titles-in-a-row. Fastest 4km time of the day.
GOLD CAIDEN MACFARLANE 13yrs 3km 10.22 * His 4th QASX title.
SILVER GABRIELLA HILL U/20yrs 6km 24.05 * Her 2nd QASX medal.
SILVER ADDISON HOUSLIP 12yrs 3km 11.30 9 of our runners won automatic selection to National Cross.
QUEENSLAND SHORT COURSE CROSS-COUNTRY, Richlands
GOLD CALLUM DAVIES Open 4km 12.13 * It was his first State cross medal of any colour.
BRONZE WAYNE ADAMS 40-49yrs 4k 15.32
AUSTRALIAN UNIVERSITY GAMES, Sydney
GOLD CALLUM DAVIES 1500m 3.45 * 3-straight 1500m titles.
GOLD CALLUM DAVIES 5000m 14.34 April AUSTRALIAN TRACK CHAMPIONSHIPS, Sydney
SILVER CAIDEN MACFARLANE U/14 1500m 4.23 PB
BRONZE JOSEPH SAUNDERS U/17 Steeple 6.07 PB * Also top 10 in 3000m (PB 8.59)
SILVER LYLA WILLIAMS U/15 3k walk 15.08 PB 5th
OSCAR RAYNER U/17 Steeple 6.16 PB * Also 3000m in 9.08 PB 6th
CALLUM DAVIES Open 1500m 3.38 PB * #5 All-Time Queenslander
VINCENT BUHAGIAR U/17 Steeple 6.22 PB 8th
SELWYN RUSSELL U/15 Steeple 7.54 10th
ELSA CHAN U/20 Steeple 12.06
ADDISON HOUSLIP #3/12yrs in U/14yr 1500m (4.55)
“AUSSIES” (SURF LIFESAVING), Mooloolaba
GOLD CATHRYN RAYWARD Masters 4km Beach Run * Also silver in Beach Sprint
GOLD FIN BOOKER U/14yrs 2km Beach Run
SILVER EMMA MCDONALD U/15yrs 2km Beach Run BRONZE JASMINE RAYWARD Junior Iron * Also named in Aust. Junior Talent Squad (Kayak).
March QUEENSLAND LITTLE ATHLETICS TITLES, QSAC
GOLD LYLA WILLIAMS U/14 1500m walk 6.59 PB * 3 years-in-a-row.
GOLD ELLA COSGRAVE U/12 1100m walk
QUEENSLAND TRACK CHAMPIONSHIPS, QSAC
GOLD CALLUM DAVIES Open 1500m 3.45 * 3 years-in-a-row (1st time in a quarter century).
GOLD ALANASIA MALONE Open 3k Steeple 11.57
GOLD CAIDEN MACFARLANE U/14 1500m 4.32 PB
GOLD JOSEPH SAUNDERS U/17yr Steeple 6.13 PB * 3 years-in-a-row.
GOLD KYLE WILLIS Para 800m 2.22
GOLD LYLA WILLIAMS U/15 3km walk 15.30
GOLD GABRIELLA HILL U/20 10k walk 54.37 * Robyn Wales is their race walking coach.
SILVER CALLUM DAVIES Open 800m 1.52
SILVER LACHLAN RAYNER U/16yr Steeple 6.34
BRONZE ROBERT STRINGER U/20yr 800m 1.55
BRONZE ELSA CHAN U/20yr Steeple 12.10
BRONZE HARVEY CRAMB U/18yr Steeple 6.06
BRONZE BRIDGET MORRISSEY U/18yr Steeple 7.45
BRONZE JOSEPH SAUNDERS U/17yr 1500m 4.09
BRONZE OSCAR RAYNER U/17yr Steeple 6.23
BRONZE SELWYN RUSSELL U/15yr Steeple 7.43
Sydney national athletics championships 2021
Lyla Williams PB 15.08 to clinch Silver for 3000m Walk
Caiden Macfarlane SILVER Medal 1500m 4.23 Caiden’s splits were1.04(!)/1.12/1.14/1.12
Addie Houslip 11 years old the youngest in the U/14yr girls 1500m 1.10/1.22/1.24 and a 1.21
*** WE ARE OFF TO A FLYING START IN 2021 ***
NATIONAL TRACKA silver medal in the U/14yr 1500m (PB 4.23) by CAIDEN MACFARLANE (Pic in pre-kick mode) and the U/17 Steeplebronze (PB 6.07) by JOSEPH SAUNDERS led the way.
STATE TRACK Open titles to CALLUM DAVIES (1500m “3-peat”)
ALANASIA MALONE (Steeple) and junior golds to CAIDEN MACFARLANE, JOSEPH SAUNDERS & KYLE WILLIS highlighted our 14 medals & 23 National Qualifiers.
QLD ALL-SCHOOLS CROSS-COUNTRYA resurgent IZZY HARTE spearheaded our 4-medal haulwith 7 earning early selection for Nationals in Adelaide.
STATE SHORT COURSE CROSS-COUNTRY CALLUM DAVIES is mid-purple patch with his 3rd at Zatopek 1500m eclipsed by a 6th at the Olympic Trials 1500m (=PB 3.38) and then followed by UQ Sports Star of the Year Award, the Aust.
Uni Games 1500m/5000m double gold and our first victories at State Men’s 4km Cross and theUQ Great Court Race!
“AUSSIES” (Surf Life Saving Beach Runs)Golds to FIN BOOKER (U/14) & CATHRYN RAYWARD(Masters).
See Results Page for details.
2021 National athletics Championship Sydney Olympic Park
Sydney Nationals Day 1/2x
CAIDEN MACFARLANE SILVER/PB!!!ADDIE HOUSLIP #3 (12yrs) IN AUSTRALIA
Caiden gave our Nationals campaign a flying start with his Silver medal in the U/14yr 1500m at Sydney Olympic Park.He slashed 6sec’s off his PB (4.23) and it took an Australian Record to snap his 2 year unbeaten streak. Caiden’s splits were1.04(!)/1.12/1.14/1.12 in securing his maiden national medal.
Addie, at 11 the youngest in the U/14yr girls 1500m, stunnedher 12 higher-ranked rivals with a blistering PB opening 400m(1.10) and leading through 900m!. Splits of 1.10/1.22/1.24 anda 1.21 close rewarded her with #3 (age) and a near-PB 4.55!!!
HOLLY-MAREE MATTHEW tuned up for her 800m with acreditable 5.04. I ended up $50 lighter for buying ’em dinner!!
“Olympic Trial” & “World U/20 Trial”.
Pic of our Alanasia Malone lined up at the start of the Olympic Trial steeplechase beside eventual winner Genevieve Gregson
Pic of Elsa Chan at start of World U/20 Trial steeplechase with big smile.
Pic of our Shanteal Hansen at first water jump in 4th place early in WJ Trial Steeple (with her name on the scoreboard in background!)